Monday, January 25, 2010

Carseat slipcovers

After washing Callie's carseat cover, I wanted a fresh look. There were a few stains that didn't come out after the washing(yes, I pretreated!) So I was on a mission to find a pattern. I paid for one off of etsy.com(great site by the way) but that one had me ripping my current one apart and sewing right over that pieces. more work than I was looking to get into.. I found a great generic pattern. It isn't for a specific carseat but it fits our cosco scenera just great. I loved the 1st one I made but our lil Diva did NOT! In fact, she hated and tried to rip it off of the carseat. There was no pink on it..LOL! So I made her a new one. My hubby thinks I should try to sell them on craigslist or ebay. They aren't perfect but they sure do look cute.

They fit just like a slipcover for your sofa.. the original padding and cover stay on.. this just "slips" right over the old one. It's not bulky and no extra padding was added.

2 comments:

  1. Like the car seat covers, I made one for Adriana's when she was a tiny thing. They are so much prettier than the ones you buy, huh?
    Love you Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete